Wednesday, December 26, 2007

King George 5th @ Kempton 26th December

Morning folks....sat in my parents house in sunny Kent with a pounding headache after yesterday's festivities round a friends house which involved Wii ten pin bowling £1 a game and Guitar Hero 3 (I rocked) until the wee hours.

While most I'd speak to would like to celebrate fictional beings either on a sleigh or in a manger at this time of year it only really holds one special meaning to me .....The King George the 5th chase at Kempton Park.

Many of my older readers will remember Desert Orchid's triumphs in this race but recently a horse has come through that could rival Dessie's brilliance.

This horse is Kauto Star, won everything over the fences it needs or has been asked to and as the ten year stats go if the previous year's Cheltenham Gold Cup winner runs in this race it wins!

A couple of challenger's to Kauto's throne are Exotic Dancer who was only beaten by half a length last time they clashed so is worth a place punt as is My Way De Solzen.

Couple of others for you, the Xmas hurdle precedes the biggie and I can't see Harchibald losing and a decent value each way shout is my friend's horse the former Cheltenham Triumph hurdle winner Penzance.

Now I'm not one to silly bets and I don't believe in luck but one for my Irish friends out there in the 15.05 is The Hairy Lemon which to most is a Pub on South William Street in dear old Dublin but to me it's a decent each way shout.

Hope you had a good Xmas, I fly back to Dublin early on the 28th.....I hope to have time to ;et you know my Leapordstown selection before I head off to the races and take on the old foe face to face.

Until then...may your hangover be few and your winners be plenty.

So as follows:

Kempton

2.05 - Harchibald €30 win @ 1.74
Penzance €25 place @ 6.2

2.30 - Kauto Star - €50 win @ 1.81
2.30 - Exoctic Dancer - €30 place @ 2.74
2.30 - My Way De Zolzen - €20 place @ 2.89

3.05 - The Hairy Lemon - €25 place @ 2.74


JB

No comments: