Friday, March 14, 2008

Cheltenham Gold Cup Day


Well I don't believe in karma but if I did it shafted me right royally yesterday. Take Tuesday, sat in my own place, watching my own TV, drinking beer that I'd bought = huge profits!


Yesterday - In Channel 4's box on the finish line, flown there and back, free food and drink all day & great company = not ONE efffing winner, not one. I gave back a bit of my profit from Tuesday but just gotta take it on the chin, stick with what I know and it'll come good again.


My system let me down yesterday & some big stats breaking wins cost me dearly, But as the old saying goes "A bad day at the races is better than a good day at work"


Today is the main event but for me it's the worst day's racing with only four races of interest.


Ballymore Properties Nov Hurdle -


Paul Nicholls does well in this race and 5 or 6 year old who won last time out is what will get the nod for me.


13.05 - Breedsbreeze €50 win @ 10.5


Coral Cup -


A lightly raced last time out winner needed here, JP McManus owned horses have a very strong record.


13.40 - Song of Songs €50 win @ 8.2


Triumph Hurdle -


I have a good strike rate in this race and some key stats I follow. Alan King trained, previous winner on the flat, previous winner last time out, winner on the course and distance & winner of the Cleanevent Hurdle...one horses ticks all these boxes & if he doesn't win I'll want to know why!!!


14.15 - Franchoek €100 win @ 2.46


Gold Cup -


The race that's been billed as the biggest since Milhouse v Arkle back in the day. Two Paul Nicholls trained horses are the main talking points.....Reining champ Kauto Star and Lexus Chase, Hennessy & Arkle winner Denman.


One is a Maserati and the other is a tank & in this race on this ground I'd prefer a tank. Kauto Star has had it easy in my opinion this year, not once has he been pushed to the line and last years Gold Cup was run at an absolute crawl not testing his stamina.


Denman on the other hand carried top weight round Newbury in the mud to land the Hennessy plus lead from the front in the Lexus at Leopardstown......the other thing in Denman's favour is he'll dictate the race and ensure a good gallop, 2nd season novices have a great record in the Gold Cup and I reckon he'll grind Kauto Star down.


15.30 - Denman €100 win @ 2.98


Thanks and Good Luck


JB

No comments: